DIY Freshness for Your Hair
Enjoy a refreshing hair mask you can make yourself!
Your hair and scalp also enjoy the benefits found in a smoothie. The combination of rosemary, basil and honey adds antibacterial moisture boosters, while high concentrations of zinc, which is naturally present in our skin cells, makes for ideal care for sensitive scalps. This mixture also helps to regulate the function of the sebaceous glands to help the hair grow healthier.
Ingredients for a Hair Mask
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 250 ml water
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 15 mg of zinc (a Zinc 15 capsule)
- Remove the stems from the basil and rosemary leaves .
- Puree the leaves and water in the blender.
- Strain the liquid through a fine sieve and drain the liquid into a bowl.
- Stir in honey, salt, milk and the contents of a Zinc 15 capsule into the liquid.
- After shampooing, gently massage the mask into the scalp and hair, leave on for 5 minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
- The hair mask lasts for two days in the refrigerator.
Tip: If the honey is crystallized from storage, stir the honey over a warm water bath to allow it to loosen up again. It will retain its valuable ingredients even if it is crystallized.