Sustainable Development at niceshops
Yeah! We work climate neutral
Be nice! The philosophy that fundamentally drives and determines our corporate policy. Sustainability plays an essential role which includes how we treat one another as well as viewing environmental and climate protection as part of our corporate responsibility. The cornerstone of our corporate culture is creating a working environment that is characterised by respecting our co-workers and persuing environmental protection with utmost dedication.
Our 3 pillars for climate neutrality
In 2018, our carbon footprint amounted to 600 t of CO2 as calculated by Joanneum Research. We are proud to announce that since September 2019 we are now officially carbon neutral and have been certified by ReGreen as CO2 and climate-neutral. In order to achieve our climate neutrality goals we have developed a sustainability strategy based on our 3 pillars:
The best CO2 emissions are the ones that are not produced at all, therefore, we strive to reduce our carbon footprint. Due to the high energy efficiency of our newly built halls, the use of green electricity - partly from our own photovoltaic system with 200 kW - as well as our own electric vehicle fleet, we succeed in many areas.
- Sustainable construction with lots of wood and high energy efficiency
- Electrical appliances and computer hardware with maximum energy efficiency
- Job ticket for public transport for our employees
- Heating and cooling are covered between 60 and 100% by waste heat from the neighbouring biogas plant
- Plastic-free, environmentally friendly shipping materials with glue-free sealing
- Conscientious recycling of waste and recyclables
- Regional and largely organic food in the canteen
Renewable Energy in India
- Clean, alternate energy is generated.
Clean Drinking Water in Bangladesh
- Disinfection of 7,000,000 liters of drinking water in the project area
- Additional protection of biodiversity, as less wood needs to be cleared
- Less time spent searching for firewood for families who can not afford it
Forest Protection & Reforestation in Peru
- The planting of new trees and the protection of more than 500 000 hectares of forest
- The creation of 632 jobs
- The protection of 30 species such as giant armadillo, blue macaw and giant otter in the project area